Tuesday 24 March 2020

Corona Lockdown - the resurrection of this Blog!

It has been a while since I posted on here and really my blogging has been pretty much non-existant since creating the blog a number of years back.  With the Covid-19 virus running riot around the world and many countries imposing some form of population lock-down or quarantine it is a good time to resurrect this and try to make a go of it.  I don't intend to post too regularly, probably no more than once a week during the quarantine and maybe twice a month once we return to normality, whenever that may be.  It will log my efforts to build and paint figures/models for wargaming. Many of the models will be for units within games I play and others will be built just because I like it/them and can.

My next few blogs may come a bit thick and fast as I have been busy over recent days making buildings, multi-part plastic figures and some models ready for painting but things will slow down to the frequencies mentioned above reasonably quickly. 

28mm, 4Ground Diner & House (1178 Woodbury Rise) for Zombie gaming. 

I won't go on too much but the diner is great, with lots of internal detail.  As many will already know 4Ground kits come ready painted so it is just a case of building for it to be ready to use on the gaming table.  The fact that they are ready painted is a big plus in my eyes but it does come at a price, literally.  Buildings are put together with external & internal walls, a double skin if you will, allowing lots of details to be shown which goes way above any unpainted MDF buildings out there unless you have the time and want to add this yourself.  The diner comes with full kitchen, including cooker controls, chip frying baskets & frying pans along with tables and bench seats.  The build was relatively simple and straight forward.  The only part that caused any problem was the ends of the roof where they bend down - getting the PVA to stick involved holding them in place or using relatively loose elastic bands so that the bend didn't become too or over pronounced.


  

I am going to add some detailing before I call this finished but for now it is ready for the table.  The kit comes with posters for the walls which I will add shortly and I intend to make the inside a bit dirty & grimy to look like it has been empty for a while.  I might also add a few blood splatters for effect - not 100% sure yet.  

The house was another kit with lots of detail, the same double skin build but not internal details i.e. tables, chairs or beds, like the diner however, there are plenty of options out there to add furniture inside to make it lived in or look like it was recently vacated.  This isn't a criticism and is how the majority of their buildings come.  The build wasn't quite as easy as the previous one but some of that was down to me not dry fitting before gluing parts into place.  I have made a number of 4Ground models before and like them a lot especially as they don't need painting!




At some point I will get some furniture for inside - TV, sofa, table, chairs, bed etc.  who knows.  The garage will probably end up with some shelving, clutter and a car, maybe even a bicycle if I can find one in 28mm.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Battle for the Narrow Seas

After my last post which involved painting up some merchantmen for coastal naval battles I thought I would dig out the rest of my models ...