Monday 8 February 2016

First Painting post - but its not my work!

I am an infrequent painter as I am my own biggest critic.  What I see from other gamers is the standard I want now, without the trials & tribulations of trying out different techniques & developing my own preferred style of painting.  I understand that this takes time but in my mind I want that now.  Yes, I know that is a childish view but that is something that hasn't changed over the years.  However, with my son now just turning 8 he has shown an interest in painting so I intend to change & make it a learning journey with him.  He has a love of tanks and what 8 year old boy doesn't.  We have made a few which I have spray-painted for him but these have been fairly basic and he now wants to paint his own.  I normally buy Armourfast tanks for him as they are quick to build with minimal parts which he can easily assemble in a short session.  Also, as they are relatively cheap with two tanks to a box it doesn't matter if any mistakes are made and we have to start again with another model.  The Armourfast range is fairly extensive giving us a good selection of tanks to choose from.  They aren't something I would use in my games as I find them a little large compared to other manufacturers and do not fit with what I already have.



The pictures here are his first attempts at painting models.  I had undercoated them white & then base coated them German dunkel-gelb to get him started and left the rest up to him.  He took some inspiration from pictures I found on the internet for the stripey Jagd-Panther and came up with the other one himself.   The tracks still need painting which we will do next time we paint together.  All in all, for a first attempt, I think he did a pretty good job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Battle for the Narrow Seas

After my last post which involved painting up some merchantmen for coastal naval battles I thought I would dig out the rest of my models ...