Tuesday 24 March 2020

SHQ 20mm WW2 British

I have had these SHQ figures on my 'painting table' for over 18 months in various stages of completion.  There are 2 with flamethrowers, two with wire cutters & det cord (?) and one with a pole charge (?), plus a number carrying large crates which I intend to use as Engineers.  Not 100% sure that my description of the figures with the wire cuttes & det cord plus pole charge is correct but that is what they look like to me.  I could also do with a number of mine detector figures but haven't got any, yet.

With the C-19 virus running rampant and being under 'quarantine' I felt it was time to get them finished.  As they stand they are 90% done - only varnish & tufts/flock to do which should happen in the next few days. 

Left to right...
Soldier walking with large crate, soldier with sten gun running with ammo crate, soldier with wire cutters & det cord, soldier walking with satchel charge (?), soldier with flame thrower.

Left to right....
 Soldier carrying cable drum, soldier carrying large crate, soldier running with pole charge, soldier running with Lee Enfield at port arms, soldier carrying Lee Enfield ready to fire.

Left to right...
Soldier with large crate, soldier with flame thrower, soldier with wire cutters & cable, Officer looking at watch, another soldier with large crate.

Left to right...
Soldier running with ammo crate, Soldier with Bren gun at the ready, soldier walking with Lee Enfield, soldier walking with satchel charge (?), NCO (?) pointing, walking carrying sten. 

SHQ figures are decent, but weapons can be a little fragile for wargaming purposes.  They are reasonably proportioned but not my favourite manufacturer, for that I go to FAA, AB and, more recently, Adler.  These figures were part of a large collection I picked up some time ago when a friend of a friend got out of the scale/period and I'm only now getting round to painting them.  Whether they stay in my collection is yet to be seen, but for now they are going to fill a gap in my collection.

Later today (hopefully) they will get a coat of gloss, then matt varnish, before I add tufts & flock to finish them off.  Photo's of completion will follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Battle for the Narrow Seas

After my last post which involved painting up some merchantmen for coastal naval battles I thought I would dig out the rest of my models ...